PowerSDR-IQ for Ensemble RXTX and Vista 32 Bit
The PowerSDR-IQ 1.12.20 is tested ok only up to XP, for Vista and W7 the new PowerSDR-IQ 22.214.171.124 has to be used.
It requires the Vista system to be currently updated (SP2), it also requires .NET 3.5 SP1 and three skins downloads from FlexRadio.
- The new PSDR-IQ version 126.96.36.199 is on this downloads list
- You have to install. prior to installing PSDR-IQ, .NET 3.5 SP1 from MicroSoft as a prerequisite
- Also prerequisites are the program skins from Flex-Radio.com.
These are executables that when they are setup, they produce the various
PowerSDR skins. The executables, available at the PowerSDR-IQ Yahoo Group,
- .NET 3.5 and the skins need to be installed in prior to the PowerSDR installation.
- Also prior to PowerSDR installation you need of course to install the USBtoI2C driver (libusb) from Fred, PE0FKO.
Essential Initial Settings After the First Setup.
|Setup Tab||Setup Item||Setup Value|
|Setup->General->Hardware Config||Radio Model||SDR-Si570|
|Setup->General->Hardware Config||LPT Address||-blank-|
|Setup->Appearance->General Config||Skins||(select your desired skin)|
|Main PowerSDR Console||SR button||unchecked|
Special attention on "->LPT Address (-blank-)" since if it is not set it leads to a constant Tx situation.
Settings are stored for PSDR on Vista in this folder:
It is in the form of a .xml file; in case of problems it can be deleted, then on new program startup it is re-created.
This file is persistent through install/uninstall so user settings are preserved. For a total uninstall this has to manually be deleted.
PowerSDR-IQ 188.8.131.52 is the current preview of Flex's PowerSDR v2.x program as it is implemented at the time being.
- This application has included the fully automagic image rejection on Rx, no controls needed.
- Quite a few controls, eg. DDS are not pertinent to Softrock with USBtoI2C interface so they are not used and can be ignored.
- This version is tested ok on a Vista SP2 32bit system and provides USBtoI2C support:
- Controlling the Si570
- CW Inputs
- PTT operations
- PowerSDR CWX keyer works ok
- The Key1 and Key2 inputs of the USBtoI2C can be connected to paddles for CW work
- Key1 can serve as a regular PTT input when in voice modes (SSB/AM/FM) instead of the MOX console button .
Christos SV1EIA - see the donations page if you wish to donate to the PowerSDR-IQ project.
Breaking News - USB2SDR
Christos SV1EIA is now offering a new, SDR-oriented professional quality soundcard and controller along the lines of the HPSDR Ozy/Janus boards. For example, in an Ensemble connection there is one part that is not needed. U1, the ATTiny would be removed entirely from its base and in its place a DIP connector, similar to one that has been used with the USBtoI2C old interface from Tony would be connected (see the "Ensemble U1 Signals" table in the block diagram).
Check out this wb5rvz webpage for details. Below is a block diagram describing his design:
And here is a picture of the prototype: